Many a fun family game night has included the entertaining game of Balderdash…the Laughable Laws category always stumps us! Here are a few Crazy Canine Laws that are actually true:
- In Anchorage, Alaska, it is illegal to tie a pet dog to the roof of a car.
- In some areas of California, it is illegal for animals to mate publicly within 1500′ of a tavern, school or place of worship.
- In Belvedere, California, no dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash.
- In Denver, Colorado, the dog catcher must notify dogs of impounding by posting, for three consecutive days, a notice on a tree in the city park and along a public road running through said park.
- In Hartford, Connecticut it is illegal to educate dogs.
Garrett often shares tidbits from his training appointments with me and one thing is consistent: it’s often the humans that are being educated, not the dogs!
For a top-notch education for humans and canines alike, contact Garrett Stevens and Alpha and Omega Dog Training!